Thanks for purchasing the Oyster Bar. Like all Clark Ave Components products, the Oyster Bar is designed to be useful, durable and provide years of service. The next few paragraphs outline how to properly install your new Oyster Bar. But please take note: If you do not feel comfortable installing your new handlebar, or lack the tools or experience with which to install your Oyster Bar properly, please take it to your local bike shop so they you set you up right. Otherwise, you could hurt yourself and your bike.
WARNING: Cycling can be dangerous. Bicycle products should be installed and serviced by a professional mechanic. Never modify your
bicycle or accessories. Read and follow all product instructions and warnings including information on the Clark Ave Components website. Be sure to inspect your bicycle before every ride. Always wear a helmet.
COMPATIBILITY AND INTENDED USE
The Oyster Bar is compatible with 31.8mm stems.
WARNING: Make certain your stem clamp is compatible with the handlebar before proceeding.
WARNING: Not for use with Aero bars
WARNING: Not for use with Bar-ends
The Oyster Bar is designed for riding within the range of ASTM Condition 2 guidelines.
TOOLS REQUIRED FOR INSTALLATION
• Hex wrenches appropriate for the bolts on your stem and brake and shift levers
• Torque wrench
• Hacksaw (If you are cutting the handlebars)
• Cutting guide (If you are cutting the handlebars)
• File (If you are cutting the handlebars)
CUTTING THE HANDLEBARS
1. When cutting handlebars, determine the appropriate width. Do not cut bar below 685mm minimum width.
2. Remember to cut BOTH ends evenly.
3. Always use a cutting guide.
4. File the handlebar ends to remove any burrs or sharp edges.
WARNING: Unprotected handlebar ends may cause serious injury. Install an appropriate handlebar plug, grip, or bar ends.
All bar ends should be capped. Handlebars should not be used with any open tubes.
1. Remove the bolts from the stem faceplate.
2. Center the handlebar on the stem and replace the faceplate.
3. Tighten the faceplate bolts according to the stem manufacturer’s specifications.
Periodically check to make sure the bolts on your handlebar components (stem, brake levers, shifters, grips, etc.) are properly torqued to the
This Clark Ave Components product is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for one year from the date of retail purchase of the product, subject to the limitations detailed below. Save your dated receipt for proof of purchase.
This warranty does NOT cover the following:
• Damage due to improper assembly or follow-up maintenance or lack of skill, competence or experience of the user or assembler
• Products that have been modified, neglected, used in competition or for commercial purposes, misused or abused, involved in accidents or anything other than normal use
• Installation of components, parts or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with Clark Ave Components products as sold
• Damage or deterioration to the paint, surface finish, aesthetics or appearance of the product
• Normal wear and tear
• Labor required to remove and/or refit and re-adjust the product within the bicycle assembly
This limited warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of a defective product, at the option of Clark Ave Components, and is the sole remedy of the warranty. This limited warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the Clark Ave Components product and is not transferable. This warranty applies only to products purchased through an authorized dealer or distributor. In no event shall Clark Ave Components be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to our products except as set forth herein. This limited warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights, and those rights and other rights may vary from place to place. This limited warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THESE WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND THERE ARE NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS INCLUDING WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.